With the world moving towards a greener future, more focus is given towards how we can better protect the environment, and one way of helping out is creating buildings with Green Roofs, especially in built up areas like urban centers where the term ‘Urban Heat Island’ effect can be a problem.
The ecological benefits of using Green Roofs are:
- Insulate buildings, reducing cost of both heating and cooling
- Help filter and bind airborne dust and other particles
- Reduce and delay storm-water runoff
- Help improve air quality by reducing CO2 levels
- Sound-absorbing and insulating properties can help make the buildings and their surrounding areas much quieter
- Reduce the urban heat island effect by cooling down and humidifying the surrounding air
With the Hyperdesmo® PB-2K liquid waterproof membrane, we have created a perfect waterproofing solution for Green Roofs, as the two component material forms an easy to apply seamless 100% waterproof membrane with a never before seen felxibility (2000% elongation). This makes the product root resistant, as it is impossible for roots to penetrate the membrane.
Easily applied using roller or air-less spray with a minimum consumption of 1.5 -2.0 kg per m2 to create the thickness needed.
For technical information please click here.