Thixo-Tool is a unique additive developed by Alchimica in order to solve application difficulties of HYPERDESMO® System Range of products in severely inclined, uneven or completely vertical substrates. The recommended addition ratio is 10-30% depending on the surface inclination, substrate condition and desired final consumption. Thixo-Tool can be used alongside Accelerator 3000A when the use of the latter is recommended. Thixo-Tool should not be used with any of the bitumen extended products in the HYPERDESMO®-PB range, one or two component.
- Increasing the Thixotropy (reducing the self levelling characteristics) of HYPERDESMO® range of products
- Waterproofing and protection of PU foams. The non-smooth final surface of the foam makes the application of standard HYPERDESMO® difficult as the coverage is not homogenous. In the hills you will not have enough product and in the troughs there will be an excess of material that may lead to bubbling
- Waterproofing of flashing details on a roof. Usually these points need several coats of HYPERDESMO® in order to achieve the minimum film thickness. By using Thixo-Tool the application on these points can be done in 1-2 coats maximum
- Waterproofing and protection of a roof where the substrate is very uneven. As in the case of protection of PU foam mentioned earlier, when a substrate is uneven it is difficult to achieve a uniform thickness of the membrane. By using Thixo-Tool you can modify the rheology of the HYPERDESMO® so that all areas are covered at a uniform consumption
- Waterproofing and protection of corrugated metal roofs. Once again this application may prove difficult using self levelling products as once again you will have uneven consumption of material. By using Thixo-Tool you can modify the rheology of the HYPERDESMO® so that all areas are covered at a uniform consumption